Push Yourself Further with an Ultra Challenge!
Great events in 2021
Are you a regular walker and new to endurance events? Perhaps a seasoned trekker looking for testing adventures? Or even a marathon runner wanting to ‘up’ your distance? Whether it’s along magnificent coastal scenery, or in stunning open countryside, there’s an Ultra Challenge for you.
Walk, jog or run at YOUR pace on the Ultra Challenge Series event of your choice. Join 25,000 others of all ages and experience in 2020 for an unforgettable challenge. It will be rewarding, fun, and absolutely achievable with your resolve and determination alongside first class support.
There are ‘continuous’ 100 km challenges, a 2 day ‘Daylight’ 100 km with camping, 50 km Half and 25 km Quarter challenges, a few 10K tasters, and ‘Virtual Versions’ of each of the 14 events. There’s a 2021 Ultra Challenge® for everyone. Scroll down to explore – they’re in date order:
• 27/18 February – LONDON WINTER WALK – CANCELLED – all participants are being emailed with a full update and a range of options to choose from
• 10 April – EASTER 50 CHALLENGE – CANCELLED – all participants are being emailed with a full update and a range of options to choose from
• 1 May – ISLE OF WIGHT CHALLENGE – AFFECTED BY COVID RESTRICTIONS – all participants are being emailed and an update will be provided by 5 March
• 15/16 May – JURASSIC COAST CHALLENGE – AFFECTED BY COVID RESTRICTIONS – all participants are being emailed and an update will be provided by 5 March
• 29/30 May – LONDON 2 BRIGHTON CHALLENGE – the original Ultra Challenge now in its 10th year 100 km with 60% off road
• 5 May – LONDON SUMMER WALK – NEW EVENT – walk half marathon or full marathon through London
• 12/13 June – LAKE DISTRICT CHALLENGE – 100 km loop taking in a few tough hills and fells, Ambleside, and Lake Windermere at half way
• 26/27 June – COTSWOLD WAY CHALLENGE – 100 km challenge loop along the Cotswold Way with base camp at Cirencester
• 3/4 July – PEAK DISTRICT CHALLENGE – full 100 km challenge takes in a tough and varied figure of 8 route through Derbyshire’s finest scenery with wonderful views with base camp at Bakewell
• 16/17 July – YORKSHIRE CHALLENGE – 100 km challenge through the Yorkshire Dales area of outstanding natural beauty with base camp at Nidderdale
• 24/25 July – SOUTH WEST COAST 2 COAST CHALLENGE – 102 km from Minehead to the Bristol channel across Exmoor
• 4/5 September – SOUTH COAST CHALLENGE – 100 km from Eastbourne to Brighton over Beachy Head, Seven Sisters and South Downs Way
• 11/12 September – THAMES PATH CHALLENGE – 100 km from Putney Bridge through Runnymede at 50 km, via Windsor to Henley with half and quarter distances available
• 11 September – THAMES BRIDGE TREK – 25 km from Putney Bridge across the Capital over 16 historic bridges finishing at Tower Bridge
• 25 September – CHILTERN 50 CHALLENGE – 50 or 25 km loop from Henley through the Chilterns
• 7-11 October – SAHARAN CHALLENGE – 2 marathons in 2 days through the lush Draa Valley down to sun baked dunes on the desert edge, sleeping under the stars in a Bedouin style base camp and a night in Marrakech