Please help us raise much needed funds by joining the easyfundraising scheme – it won’t cost you a penny!
And you won’t have to run a marathon, grow a moustache, go on a diet, or give up alcohol for a month!
easyfundraising.org.uk is a great no cost service that was actually started by a cancer patient. It helps patients like us raise money for our chosen charity without it costing us a penny. It does this by signing up hundreds of shops and suppliers like Amazon, eBay, Marks & Spencer, Tesco, John Lewis, PC World, Argos; insurance companies, such as Aviva; travel agents and airlines; hotels and theatres. The list is so comprehensive that each time you buy anything you could end up donating as much as 6% to the KCSN to help us provide vital patient support services, such as the helpline and website, and run special projects, such as the Patient Champion Programme, the kidney cancer patient registry, and the clinical trials database.
easyfundraising.org.uk have raised over £10 million for charities like ours. All you have to do to help us carry on the work we are doing is:
- Click on this link: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/
- Click on the green box on the right of the page called ‘Support a good cause’ (or scroll down the page until you find it)
- On the next page you can search for a cause: insert Kidney Cancer Support Network as the cause name in the box where it says ‘search for a cause by their name’ and click the green ‘Go’ box
- On the next page, either click the heading ‘Kidney Cancer Support Network’ or the green box on the right called ’Support this cause’
- You will then be prompted to create an account by entering your name, email address and a password
- There are two small boxes at the end of page. You need to agree to the terms and conditions by clicking in the first small box on the left. The second box is optional (agree to receive helpful tips, offers and information by email that will help me raise as much as possible)
- Finally, click the green box which says ‘Create my account’ to finish the process.
One important extra is to click and download the donation reminder – this is a programme to remind you to go via easyfundraising.org.uk when you shop online with a shop or business that is part of the easyfundraising partnership.
To be able to qualify for donations via easyfundraising.org.uk when shopping online, you need to remember to enter your chosen website via the easyfundraising.org.uk website:
- Set easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/kidneycancersupportnetwork/ as a bookmark on your computer
- When shopping online, enter the easyfundraising.org.uk page and search for a retailer using the search facility at the top of the page
- Click on the retailer that you wish to shop with and this will take you to their website, where you can shop as usual
- By remembering to follow the steps above when you shop online, donations will be made to the KCSN at no cost to yourself! You need to repeat the above steps for each website you shop at.