Why World Kidney Cancer Q&A Day?
June 22 will mark the first World Kidney Cancer Q&A Day – a day where the global kidney cancer community of patients, carers, family, health care professionals and patient organisations will raise awareness and funds for kidney cancer.
Kidney cancer is a serious disease that affects hundreds of thousands of people worldwide and is resulting in a growing global burden on health care systems. For patients, health care professionals and researchers alike, many critical questions about kidney cancer remain unanswered.
World Kidney Cancer Q&A Day has been established by the International Kidney Cancer Coalition (IKCC). The KCSN is proud to be a founding member of the IKCC; Rose Woodward is also a volunteer Board Director for the IKCC and we are proud to support this global event raising awareness and funds for kidney cancer.
We hope you will also join our efforts
About the Q&A quiz
It’s an interactive quiz that tests what people know about important kidney cancer facts. With each quiz that is completed, $5 will be donated to help find answers to vital questions about kidney cancer.
How you can get involved
- Take the Q&A Quiz at WorldKidneyCancerDay.org. It’s just seven questions and once you complete it, $5 will be donated
- Share the Q&A Quiz with your family and friends on your social channels, because every time the quiz is done, more kidney cancer research is funded
- Spread the word about World Kidney Cancer Q&A Day by following IKCC on Twitter and Facebook and sharing posts. Use the hashtag #kidneycancer on any of your posts to join the global online conversation
- Join the Thunderclap! It’s a tool that allows people around the world to pledge a tweet or post on social media. Then, on World Kidney Cancer Q&A Day everyone’s pledges are released at the same time creating a global flash mob on social media. It takes a minute to add your name here
- Here in the UK, KCSN is raising funds to help us provide support to the kidney cancer community in the UK. Can you organise your own fundraising event for KCSN? Could you host a coffee morning, afternoon tea party, BBQ, sponsored event, the ideas are endless. Visit our Fundraising Events page or our How to Make a Donation page and see how you can support the Kidney Cancer Support Network.
June 22 is World Kidney Cancer Q&A Day. Add your voice to the campaign!